Learn how to add products to your circus and you'll be creating coupons for your products in no time.
How to add a product
Adding a product is super easy.
- Click on the Products Tab, and select Products in the left panel menu, then click on the Plus button.
- Enter the name of the product. (Use catchy names)
- Enter a brief description of the product.
- Enter your product's regular price.
- Add a photo of your product. Just so you know the ideal size for your product's photo is 680 x 520 px.
- Click on the check box to save.
Once you've added your product, the right panel menu will change to include settings, store availability, and log.
Products - Settings
- Name - This is the name you entered when you created the product, but you can always change it if you feel a different name looks better. We encourage you to use short names so that your customers can easily read them.
- Description - The description should be short and try to be creative with it.
- Photo - Try to use a professional photo that catches your customer's attention. Remember that the ideal size for your product's photo is 680 x 520 px.
- Delete Product - When you hover over the Info box a minus symbol will appear. When you click on it the option to delete the product will pop up.
For more information on deleting a product and recovering a deleted product click here.
- Price - You can edit the regular price of your product here. Remember that you might have customers that are very aware of your regular prices and that would notice if you've inflated your prices to give out better discounts. This action is not welcomed by CircusOffers and it could even be illegal in some cities.
- Currency - If you want to change the currency you'll have to go to your Company Account Settings in the Basics box.
This information is optional and it will only appear in the CircusOffers app in the more information icon on all claimed coupons.
- Features title (optional) - Some customers need more information about your products. You can add here the title of the characteristics you want them to know. Examples: Specs, Ingredients, Colors, or anything you want.
- Features (optional) - You can add the list of characteristics here.
Age restriction box
- Minimum age - In some places, it is necessary to display the age restriction for a product on all its marketing material. We strongly encourage you to inform yourself about the legislation governing age restrictions for your product's promotional material in your area.
The age restriction will show on your product's photo, right next to the share button. In this example, we don't really know what kind of chicken burger it would have to be to require its consumers to be 18+, but you get the point. 😅
External ID box
- External ID - This is a very important variable that can be useful for identifying a product when using our API. Whenever a CircusOffers coupon is redeemed via a scan on your POS System or entered in a web store, those systems receive information from CircusOffers. Among the information that is received by your POS System and web store is this product's external ID, allowing your systems to identify if the product is within the purchased items, and thereby a discount can be applied.
Included in ensembles box
This box exists just for information purposes if you want to know if the current product you are looking at right now is contained within an ensemble. If your product is in an Ensemble this also means that you will not be able to delete the product until all ensembles and combos where this product is included, have been deleted. For more information on how to create ensembles, click here.
Included in combos box
This box also only exists for information purposes if you want to know if the current product you are looking at right now is contained within a combo. If your product is in a Combo this also means that you will not be able to delete the product until all combos and ensembles where this product is included, have been deleted. For more information on how to create a combo, click here.
We thought it'd be cool to be able to see how the coupon was starting to take form, so we included a preview of the coupon with the basic information that you've entered so far.
- Controls: Device - You can select the device you want to preview. You can select between Smartphone and Desktop.
Find out how to add and remove the availability of a product from your Stores. (Locals, Pop-ups & Online stores) Store availability is in the right panel menu. Find out more about store availability here.
Remember to access the Log on the right panel menu to see who has made any changes to your Product settings.
Once you've created more than one product you'll be able to create ensembles and combos and your coupons will look amazing!